Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Settling in at home

Here I am about to leave the hospital for my first trip out into the world.


I am settling in at home. The first night was a rough one. I kept mom and dad up all night. I decided to lighten up a bit and slept for 2-4 hour spurts the last 2 nights and mom and dad were much happier with me.


I got all dressed up in my pirate outfit to meet my doctor for the first time. I was pooped after the long trip. I guess I am like my mom, always trying to lose weight because I dropped to 7 pounds 2 ounces. I think I am getting bigger by the day now though since mommy's milk came in.

My first bath was a rough one. What is up with all the wet stuff and people rubbing all over me? I have to admit I smell much better with the lotion on though.

Mornings are when I am the most alert. Mommy and meemaw were trying to get me to pose like a movie star for a picture for my birth announcement. I was teasing them by not smiling and always turning my head right when the flash went off. I even gave them a salute in one picture.


Both sets of my grandparents can't keep their hands off of me. I sure can't wait for them to spoil me rotten.


Daddy and I are getting to be best buds. He has even learned to change a pretty mean diaper. He still hasn't set the world's record for the fastest change, but I have seen tons of improvement.

1 comment:

Nichole Mathis said...

He seems awfully sweet and snuggly. Those tiny hands make the sleepless nights worthwhile. Enjoy him because before you know it he'll be 12 weeks old (13 weeks old on Friday...wait, that's my boy...)