Sunday, August 3, 2008

Meet Me in St. Louis


We started out the trip to St. Louis with lunch at Cracker Barrel with my friend Ethan's family. It was a lot of fun. In the first picture I am relaxing in the Mizzou rocker outside the restaurant until Ethan arrived.

Then we got checked in at the hotel and mommy attempted to get me down for a nap, but with all the excitement I didn't sleep too long. We headed out early for the game for the coveted pictures with the players. Well, unfortunately for mommy, daddy, Meemaw, Peepaw and the rest of Busch Stadium, I was wanting no part of that. I had a major meltdown in the heat and screamed my head off. So mommy and Meemaw took me into an air conditioned restaurant and fed me. Then I was ready for some action.

Here are some Cheek family shots at our seats. Once the whole picture ordeal was over and we got to our seats, it was nice and cool with the sun setting behind us.




I liked the game for about 3 innings. I did watch Sir Albert bat, but then I got a little uninterested. I just preferred to toddle everywhere so mommy and Meemaw let me navigate the concourse at the top of our seating section.



There were plenty of things to keep me busy besides watching the game. The first was dragging Meemaw's purse all over the place and also playing with mommy's camera case.



I also liked to peer over the edge of the stadium and wave at all the cars passing below......and the misting fan Meemaw bought me for the trip was definitely a highlight.



Day 2 started off with a bang "literally" as we got to the zoo bright and early and it started to thunderstorm. We hid out in the amphitheater while the monsoons hit. Once it was over, we had a great day.


Here I am looking at the fish and the turtles.


I wasn't too crazy about petting the guinea pigs, but I did like to watch the insects and the tarantulas. That was the part where daddy was a wimp.

The best part of the kids petting zoo had to be playing with the Jeep. I definitely gave mom and dad a few hints that I would like one of these.
Dad and I had to pose in front of the honking geese and I loved the sounds that the seals made when they stuck their heads above the water.
By the time we got to the baboons and the chimps I was asleep in the stroller, but dad really enjoyed watching these animals.
And finally, I absolutely loved the carousel. I like to play "musical animals" switching from one to the other to make sure I got my monies worth.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Hayden...you don't know how Lucky you are. Luke isn't leaving the Springfield area for at least two year. What a wonderful and brave mommy you have!

You look AWESOME in Cardinal red.